Paul Kirk is almost the definition of The Establishment (Democratic party division).
Mr. Kirk is the former chairman of the Democratic National Committee (1985-1989). He served as a U.S. Senator from Massachusetts from 2009 to 2010, when he was appointed to fill the vacancy created after the death of Senator Ted Kennedy. Kirk has also served as chairman of the board of the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation, and as co-chair of the Commission on Presidential Debates.
That’s pretty Establishment. Which is why I was blown away that Paul Kirk endorsed Bernie for President.
Why is he backing Sanders? Is Debbie Wasserman Schultz and the current DNC in the tank for Hillary Clinton? And is democracy just too much damn work?
Here’s my recent conversation with Paul Kirk:
- Paul G. Kirk (Wikipedia)
- Paul Kirk endorses Bernie Sanders [VIDEO]
- Democratic National Committee
- Democratic Leadership Council
- Al From
- Intro music bed: Kings And Queens (Instrumental) by Alialujah Choir (via Free Music Archive)
- Outro music: Enough is a Feast, by Bill Harley; ©2008 Round River Music, All rights reserved, used with permission; billharley.com (Special thanks to Diana Woodall for recommending Enough is a Feast, and for securing the official permission from Mr. Harley and Round River Music.)